Last updated January 3, 2020.
So, if you’re looking for more information on how we collect, store, use and share your personal data we collect, this is the place for you!
Now to start us off with, a couple of practical but highly important details for you to take note of!
Who We Are
Health 3D is a social business venture dedicated to producing inexpensive medical devices for medical play therapy via additive manufacturing methods. Read more about Health 3D at h3dprint.org.
How to Contact Us
You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All payments will be handled via Paypal at paypal.com. Customer financial information will follow Paypal policies.
All customer information will be kept strictly confidential. We do not release identifying customer information to 3rd parties without the express written consent of the customer involved.
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records. If we are legally obligated to keep the information or if it is impossible or unproportionate, we won’t delete it but we will only keep it for as long as it is needed and we have time limits on our data systems.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organization.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to have a computer make decisions about you directly (this doesn’t include general marketing based on your age or gender).
- Right to judicial review – if we refuse your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain.
One thing to bear in mind before contacting us. Our sites and applications may contain links to other sites not owned or controlled by us. It could as an example be social media platforms/services. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites, so if you have questions regarding such sites, you need to contact the site directly. We also really encourage you to be aware and read the privacy policies of other sites because they may very easily be collecting, storing, using and sharing your personal information.
Complaints About Our Behavior
You have the right to complain if you don’t feel Health 3D is living up to our responsibilities when it comes to your data.
You always have the right to complain to the authorities as well, but because we take privacy matters very seriously, we would really appreciate it if you would talk to us. The authority having the right to look at us is the Maryland State Government entity.
You can complain about:
- how your personal data has been processed;
- how your request for access to data has been handled;
- how your complaint has been handled;
- appeal against any decision made following a complaint.
How We Collect Information
We take your privacy very seriously, so we’ll only ask for the information we need to have so we can give you great service.
Whenever we collect customer data, we make sure:
- We ask for permission to collect the data
- We only use the data for the agreed reason and for the time it’s needed
- We will as a minimum meet the local data protection laws in the state of Maryland, USA
- We keep data that we’re legally required to have on record
- We explain why we need the data and how we’ll use it (unless we have legitimate reason not to)
- We check and update privacy information on a regular basis (we might also cross-check the data against other database to make sure it’s correct)
- We don’t share data with anyone unless we have a legal or legitimate reason, or we have permission from you or if you are a child under 16 from your parents.
We collect your personal and anonymous information from you when you visit any of the sites on our h3dprint.org domain or when you use one of our applications.
We also receive information via third party when you visit our page on social media sites or channels (e.g Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram, WeChat, LinkedIn, etc).
When you’re visiting any of these online channels, we may collect:
- Registration information that we use to help you set up an account (e.g. your name, country, gender, date of birth, email address, username and password).
- Payment or transactional information that we use when you buy products or use online services (e.g. postal address, phone number or credit card number).
- Location information or your IP Address that we use to give you relevant online content.
- Information you’ve shared publicly on our forums.
- Information you’ve sent to an individual or group using our messaging, chat or post services
- Information you provide when you use our own online channels or third-party channels (such as social networks)
How We Process Your Data
We need to process personal customer data so that:
- Customers can buy products from our online repository and have them delivered where they want
- Customers are able register for any accounts and services they want to use
- We can send customers any information they’ve asked us for or answer their questions
- We can ask customers to give us feedback on our services through questionnaires and surveys
- We can provide our customers with relevant marketing information about our products.
Always keep in mind that if you’re using a Health 3D service through a third-party channel like social media or any app, your personal data may also be processed by that third-party according to their own privacy policies.
When you visit our online channels or when you use third-party sites or platforms, we use technology such as cookies, flash cookies, pixels and web beacons to process your personal data.
Be mindful that if you do enable a prevent cookies functionality on your device, some of our services and functionalities on the site will no longer work.
We also collect information from other trusted sources, so we can update or add to the personal information we’ve collected ourselves.
We won’t share your personal information outside Health 3D except:
- When we need to protect the safety, security, rights and property of our customers or third-party partners;
- When we need to meet legal processes or if disclosure of the data is required by law;
- When we’re asking other companies like e.g. couriers, shipping and warehouse service provides, payment providers, IT platform providers, fraud detection and prevention providers, survey providers, product catalogue providers and customer service suppliers to deliver services on our behalf; We have contracts with the companies to make sure they only use your personal information for agreed services and meet legal requirements;
- When we store your information using secure cloud storage services/facilities. We have contracts with companies to make sure they only use your personal information for the agreed services and meet legal requirements;
- If a merger, acquisition or sale of assets ever meant we needed to share information with a third party - in this case we’d email you and post a notice on our website to publish the change of owner and we’d also tell you how your data would be used and give you options regarding your personal data;
- When you’ve given us permission to share your information with third parties so they can send you information on their products and promotions (you can opt out of these emails by emailing email@example.com although in some cases you may also need to contact the third-party directly);
- When you have given us permission to share your information with third parties, so they can provide you with marketing information and promotions regarding our products (as an example personalized advertising provided via a social media platform). You can opt out of such marketing activities by adjusting your cookie settings on your device. In some cases, you may also need to contact the third party directly (in case of social media adjust your privacy settings and request deletion of collected information by the third-party site)
- When you’ve asked us to share your personal information with third-party sites or platforms like social networking sites – once it’s been shared, your personal data will be processed by that third-party according to their own privacy policies.
How Long We Keep Your Data
We’ll keep your personal information as long as it’s needed to provide a service.
If you’d like to cancel your account or for us to delete your data, we’ll only keep information that we need for legal reasons, to resolve disputes or to enforce our agreements.
Cookies are small data files that your browser places on your computer or device. A cookie itself does not contain or collect information. However, when it is read by a server via a web browser it can help a website deliver a more user-friendly service – for example, remembering previous purchases or account details.
Like most websites, our online channels and our applications (apps) collect some information (e.g. information on IP addresses, browsers, internet service providers, referring pages, exit pages, operating systems, date stamps, time stamps and clickstream data). This information won’t be linked to any other information we collect about you unless you have given your consent that we may do this.
Both we and our third-party tracking utility partners use browser storage, app storage, cookies, pixels, beacons, scripts and tags to analyze trends, administer the site, track user movement through the site and collect demographic information about our overall user base. We may receive reports on these from our third-party tracking utility partners on an individual and aggregate basis.
We define Health 3D Partners as other companies doing business with Health 3D. We process information on our Health 3D Partner companies for collaboration and evaluation purposes.
Third Party Vendors
Health 3D works with several trusted partners to secure that we provide you, our business partners and our employees with the best experience possible. This means that we will at times need to allow third parties to process personal data.
To give you an overview we have categorized the type of vendors we use and what we use them for on a category basis.
We process personal data with vendors in the following categories:
- IT Service providers
We use a series of trusted partners worldwide to provide us with IT services and system administration services - in regards to both our customer and partner facing activities as well as our internal IT and administration systems.
- Global payment provider and processing partners
To secure a safe and efficient payment process both online, in our stores or through invoicing or money transfers.
- Cloud storage partners
We store our and your data at secure data centers around the world.
- Fraud Prevention and detection partners and agencies
Working with Health 3D world wide to secure that Health 3D is not defrauded.
- Warehousing, packing, shipping and delivery partners
Helping us get our products into the hands of our customers and business partners around the world.
- Catalogue printing and mailing and postal partners
Helping us making sure catalogues and magazines come your way.
- Marketing partners
To be able to provide targeted and personalized advertisements, promotions and campaigns both when you are interacting with Health 3D on our online platforms, on social media, website, or otherwise.
- Social Media Partners
To be present and allow you to interact with Health 3D on the platforms where you are.
- Survey, questionnaires and product review suppliers
Helping us secure that we get your all-important feedback of your Health 3D experience!
- Tax and customs authorities, regulators and other authorities globally
Who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
- Professional advisers
Including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers globally, who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services to Health 3D.
Storage and Security of Information
The security, integrity and confidentiality of customer information is extremely important to us. We use technical, administrative and physical security measures to protect personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use and modification. All external transfers that contain personal information are done using encrypted technology. Credit card information is handled by approved service providers such as Paypal and have appropriate safeguards in place.
Although we regularly review our security procedures and evaluate new technology and methods to make our online channels safer, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
Our customers, employees and partners also play an important role in protecting information. We encourage customers to choose passwords that are difficult for others to guess and to keep their personal passwords secret.
Should you notice any flaws or concerns in our security, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
If we ever experience a data breach in which customer information is at risk of being misused, we’ll contact customers according to legal requirements. If necessary, we’ll also contact data protection authorities.
Whenever your personal information is transferred, stored or processed by us or by companies carrying out such services on our behalf, we take reasonable steps to safeguard the privacy of your personal information.
Notice to California residents
Notice to Australian residents
- We generally collect personal information directly from you where this is reasonable and practical but may also acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the personal information you provided or which we processed automatically.
- We may also use your personal information to tell you about the products and services of Health 3D or third parties. From time to time, we and our business partners may contact you by mail, telephone, email or other electronic messaging services (such as text, voice, sound or image messages including using automated calling systems) with information about products and services (including discounts and special offers). If you no longer wish to receive marketing or promotional information from us or our partners, you can unsubscribe at any time. There are certain messages relating to the goods and services we provide to you that cannot be unsubscribed from.
- Should Health 3D experience a data breach and your information be involved, we will contact you if there is a risk of serious harm to you and if we are legally obliged to do so. In some instances, Health 3D will also be legally obliged to contact (data protection) authorities when a breach of privacy information occurs.
- We will take such steps that are reasonable in the circumstances (if any) to destroy or de-identify personal information when it is no longer required.